Monday, October 19, 2009

I finally threw up.

Everyone, including myself, has been amazed at how great I've been feeling. I have been giving many girls hope that not all pregnancies have to be flogged with vomit and hatred toward your spouse. At worst, my sickness has been is a little nausea each day... just a constant reminder that I am pregnant. But I really can not complain. The nausea will pass in 10/15 minutes and I back to normal. I can still function and even be in a public place and pretend normality. And compared to all of the horror stories I have heard, I really am sailing easy.

...Until... My first spout with "morning" (although it is never in the morning) sickness and threw my guts up on Saturday night. I am starting my 12th week, going into the second trimester and I have been deceived that any uncomfortable feeling would seize after these first 12 weeks, but that has not been the case. For some reason my hormones have decided to kick it into high gear and give me a new set of unwanted symptoms!

Justin held back my hair, gave me water and was picture perfect in a "throwing up" situation. He has only seen me throw up maybe... 3 times? He did his job well that night!

Other than this, I'm just cruising along. We have our next appointment Thursday (10.22) and this time our baby will look like a baby, not an alien. Can't wait to see him/her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment