Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Change I Can't Change.

People or couples who are already parents tell Justin and I (all the time), "Your lives are never going to be the same!" And I think I know this, but I really don't. I am grateful that God gives us 9, well really 10, months to prepare for this new arrival to come!

There are tons of things to plan and buy for this seven(ish) pound wonder, but I have not done anything. Where do I even start?! I keep telling myself that when we find out the sex, it will much easier to get the ball rolling...? We'll see.

But one change that I have been thinking about the past couple of days are the huge changes that will come next holiday season, in 2010. It will not be about what to buy my husband or making all of my family members happy. The main focus of it will be to establish memories for our baby and buy them all kinds of presents (for my enjoyment) they really don't care about! No longer will Christmas be about me and what I want from my wish list -- all of my selfish mentalities during this season will dwindle. I always love watching my little cousins experience the joy of the holidays from their child viewpoint. It will now be MY little one who is experiencing the holiday fun! I can not wait.

Until then, I am going to suck this Christmas for all it is worth. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment